What happens in libraries in a single day? How many books are checked out? How many people receive help finding a job? Doing their taxes? Doing their homework? This initiative enables library advocates to prove the value of their libraries to decision-makers and increase public awareness.
Library Snapshot Day provides an easy means to collect statistics, photos and stories that will enable library advocates to increase public awareness and show the value of their libraries to decision-makers.
Ideas to make your Snapshot Day a Success for your Library
- Announce your participation now through emails, flyers, posters, etc.
- Feature your participation and the photos of your patrons from that day in your newsletter, social media and website
- Share the results from the day with your board and elected officials
- Create signs with your patron comments and photos to hang around your library
- Be sure to encourage your patrons to come to the library on August 25th to show their support and get their photo taken
- Take as many photos that day as possible and use them along with comments from patrons throughout the year
- Develop your own slideshow on your website or social media featuring your patron comments and photos
- Ask if your newspaper will feature your slideshow on their website and if they will run photos and comments from the day.
- Use these photos and comments during the legislative session to advocate for libraries
- Encourage your Friends group to get involved
- Send your images and comments to MLC for a Mississippi library collage that will be created to use during the legislative session in 2021. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Media Profile Graphic Animated Gif (click for download)