Affordable Care Act (ACA)
News and Updates
10/1/2013 - Printed Publications and Forms: The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has an online ordering system for print materials. Libraries are welcome to request these print materials from CMS, however, it is important to note that quantities are limited and stock is constantly changing. You will need to create an account to be able to view and order materials. Once you have an account, search on the keyword “marketplace” to see the available publications. Currently, applications are not listed under their available materials to order.
- October 1, 2013: Initial Open Enrollment Begins
- March 31, 2014: Initial Enrollment Period Ends
- October 15th-December 17th: Annual Open Enrollment Periods
"Life Events" are the exception to these enrollment dates. Examples of qualifying life events are moving to a new state, certain
changes in your income, and changes in your family size (for example, if
you marry, divorce, or have a baby). -Healthcare.gov
Application Forms & Instructions
- Marketplace Call Center: Customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including some federal holidays to answer questions regarding the market place. Call Toll-free at 1.800.318.2596, TTY/TDD: 1.888.871.6594, or go to the website for a live chat.
- Mississippi Navigators: Navigators will serve as an in-person resource for Americans who want additional assistance in shopping for and enrolling in plan in the Health Insurance Marketplace this fall.
- Oak Hill Missionary Baptist Church Ministries serves the lower Mississippi River Delta Region. Oak Hill will train clergy to be health ambassadors that will reach out to uninsured residents to provide information about enrollment in the Marketplaces.
Address: 3440 Wheeler Rd., Hernando, MS 38632
Additional information about how libraries can connect community members with Navigators will be added here as it becomes available.
- Health Help Mississippi: Health Help advocates on consumers' behalf, educating them on their different options for health care, and assisting them in seeing if they could be eligible for any current government programs such as Medicaid.
Health Help Mississippi-JACKSON
800 North President Street
Jackson, MS 39202
Consumer Help Line 1-877-314-3843
Health Help Mississippi- HATTIESBURG
710 S 28th Ave. Ste C
Hattiesburg, MS 39402
Health Help Mississippi- STARKVILLE
1014 North Jackson Street Ste. A
Starkville, MS 39759
Health Help Mississippi- HERNANDO
2560 Highway 51 South-On the Square
Hernando, MS 38632
Health Help Mississippi- GREENVILLE
239 Main Street
Greenville, MS 38701
Resources for Library Staff
Resources for Patrons
For More Information About ACA